Launched in 2018, kea is one of the fastest-growing companies changing the way restaurants operate. We've raised $29 million from Tier 1 Silicon Valley investors, and we're not stopping there. Originating in Mountain View, California, and now fully remote, we are building a team that is excited about our mission: drive the world’s commerce by empowering restaurants to operate more intelligently and own their relationship with customers. The first product in our platform, kea Voice, takes orders over the phone at a high level of efficiency and consistency so that restaurants can focus on making delicious food. That's a win-win!
Our Commitment as a team
At kea, we live our values--we are committed to innovation while moving as one unit at high velocity. We are compassionate and care for others. We are open and transparent. We play to win the long game. As you review the below keep Our Commitment in mind. Your uniqueness is valued and differences of opinion, background, and ability are welcomed. If you think you satisfy even just a few of the below points, please apply!
About the Role
kea is looking for an experienced, passionate, and humble Operations/Real-Time Associate to join our team to help us scale to the next level. The role involves tracking errors and identifying trends, daily operational tasks associated with our brand partners, and collaborating with cross-functional teams and our BPO to drive informed actions.
In this fully remote role (US, Canada, LATAM or APAC-based preferred), being highly accountable is essential as you will split your time between working independently and alongside other kea Operations team members. You will find this role exhilarating if you genuinely enjoy being the operational eyes and ears of a technology business while keeping customers' experience front and center at all times.
What your day-to-day looks like
- Monitoring real-time metrics to maintain healthy call center production and being proactive when signs of poor health occur
- Supervise the queue to guarantee adequate coverage for all brands, mitigating coverage concerns and ensuring the avoidance of any missed orders and calls waiting
- Closely monitor agents' reports for errors and ensure timely communication of such errors to the relevant stakeholders
- Keep track of errors and attendance to maintain accurate records for reporting purposes and to understand potential trends
- Communicating with the kea Operations and Product departments, and BPO leads when solving issues related to the ordering platform or agent staffing; escalating to kea Account Management and Leadership as needed
- Help maintain kea’s knowledge base for customers and assist in the creation of new SOP's
- Contact Restaurant partner locations as needed to facilitate order recovery
- Promptly answer inbound support emails and respond to customer inquiries and service requests in a professional and courteous manner
What sets you up for success
- 1+ years of experience at a company with a high volume of inbound data or people movement, and real-time requests across chat, email, and/or calls
- Flexible/open availability
- Deep curiosity with a bend to proactivity: You like to ask “why” and “how come” and have a bias towards acting upon data
- Accountable & Independent: you’re self-directed and take pride in your work. It’s clear that you’re invested in your professional growth, as well as the growth of the company you represent
- Strong analytical mindset, quick decision-making abilities, and adeptness at handling dynamic and fast-paced environments
- Effective communication skills that enable to convey insights and recommendations to relevant stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Availability to work between 8:00am PST - 8:00pm PST, including weekends
What’s in it for you
- 100% remote work (US, Canada, APAC or LATAM-based preferred)
- Generous stock option plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision plans available (based on location)
- 401K (based on location)
- Opportunity to “wear lots of hats” and accelerate your career
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture