Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We raised an $11M Series A in August 2020 and we're building an amazing team to drive the world’s restaurant commerce. We've experienced 1000% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we’re building for them.
About the role
kea is looking for Full-Stack engineers to join our team to build enterprise and user-facing software. You will be responsible for building applications used by thousands of restaurants to help them serve millions of customers. This will require translating product and design decisions into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and lots of code!
Projects that we’re excited about for you
- Web application for our power users to simultaneously process orders and label voice data for our machine learning models
- Web and mobile application for our customers and partners to self-service configure AI and view metrics
- Internal applications for our team to understand what’s happening across thousands of restaurants and hundreds of thousands of phone calls on a daily basis
- Features and automations for our voice product
What your day-to-day might look like
- Prototype and architect frontend applications, design reusable components, and develop best practices for engineering
- Building middleware web services and APIs to connect with your frontend applications
- Collaborate with the product managers, product designers, and engineers to develop and build complex user-facing products
- Iterate on the software development process to test, review, and deploy our products faster
What sets you up for success
- 6+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- Previous experience at a startup or scale-up
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (Node.js and one of React, Angular, or Vue.js, Meteor, Polymer, Ember)
- Experience with building middleware web-services and APIs (REST or JSON web-services)
- A degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- You value teamwork and believe that it takes a village
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental heath care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Flexible time off
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply and look forward to meeting you!