Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We raised an $11M Series A in August and we're building an amazing team to drive the world’s restaurant commerce. We've experienced 1000% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we’re building for them.
About the Role
kea is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our team to build enterprise software.
You will be responsible for translating product and design documents into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and setting up the organization for future backend engineers. As we are a young, small start-up, most work will be greenfield.
What your day-to-day looks like
- Collaboration with other backend engineers and product engineers on architecting, designing, and implementing product features
- Participating in architecture and technical decision making with the team
- Designing algorithms, data structures, and software components
- Writing, testing, reviewing code to implement product features
- Participating in a scrum managed agile software development process
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement for the development team
- Participation in an on-call rotation to provide first-line support to operations teams.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 6+ years of backend engineering experience
- Independently architect, design, and implement system components.
- Delivery of quality product features on a tight deadline.
- Experience integrating 3rd APIs and libraries
- Experience of a modern software development process, including scrum management, and agile development.
- Willingness to collaborate with a diverse team: product managers, operations managers, backend engineers, product engineers
- Aware of the importance of security, and how to design and implement reasonably secure systems.
- Appreciation of how to build resilient, performant, highly-available, fault-tolerant systems.
- Some expertise in:
- System Architecture
- Software Design
- Systems Programming
- Distributed Systems
- Some experience with:
- Database Systems: Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc.
- Application Servers: node.js, django, etc
- Message Queues: rabbitmq, Kafka, etc
- Operating Systems: linux, etc
- Cloud: GCP, Azure, AWS, etc
- Tools for Clouds, Virtual Machines, and Containers
- A degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent experience