Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We raised an $11M Series A in August and we're building an amazing team to drive the world’s restaurant commerce. We've experienced 1000% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we’re building for them.
About the Role
kea is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our team to build enterprise software.
You will be responsible for translating product and design documents into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and setting up the organization for future backend engineers. As we are a young, small start-up, most work will be greenfield.
What your day-to-day might look like
- Collaborating with other backend engineers and product engineers on architecting, designing, and implementing product features
- Participating in architecture and technical decision making with the team
- Designing algorithms, data structures, and software components
- Writing, testing, reviewing code to implement product features
- Participating in a scrum managed agile software development process
- Contributing to ongoing process improvement for the development team
- Participation in an on-call rotation to provide first-line support to operations teams.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 2+ years of backend engineering experience.
- Previous experience at a startup or scale-up preferred.
- Independently architect, design, and implement system components.
- Delivery of quality product features on a tight deadline.
- Experience integrating 3rd APIs and libraries.
- Knowledge of and skilled with many database paradigms (Postgres, Mongo, Redis).
- Experience with distributed systems (SOA, microservices, serverless) in a web environment (REST).
- Experience with messaging queues (Kafka, Rabbit).
- Understanding of operating system principles in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with cloud server design (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms).
- Willingness to collaborate with a diverse team: product managers, operations managers, and other engineers.
- You value teamwork and believe that it takes a village.
- Aware of the importance of security, and how to design and implement reasonably secure systems.
- Appreciation of how to build resilient, performant, highly-available, fault-tolerant systems.
- A degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental heath care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Flexible time off
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply and look forward to meeting you!